What is Hyaluronic Acid?
- Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is a molecule that occurs naturally throughout our pets’ (and our!) bodies. HA binds to water, giving it a viscous quality similar to Jello.
- This viscous gel is one of the most heavily researched substances in medicine with thousands of trials. Its function in the body is, among other things, to lubricate movable parts of the body, such as joints and muscles. Its consistency and hydrating properties allow it to be beneficial in skin-care products as an excellent moisturizer.
- Because Hyaluronic Acid is one of the most hydrophilic (water-loving) molecules in nature, with numerous benefits for the human body, it is described as “nature’s moisturizer.”
Hyaluronic Acid for Pets
- If you’ve ever noticed a change in mobility in your favorite furry friend, it may be due to the natural Hyaluronic Acid they (and we) lose with age.
- HA has many responsibilities, including hydrating our body and helping to cushion our joints. We developed Hyaluronic Acid formulas specifically for dogs, cats and horses to support healthy joint and cartilage function.
- Our goal is to provide natural, effective supplements so you can help them live life to the fullest, for as long as possible.
The Science Behind the Formula
Joints are surrounded by a synovial membrane, which forms a capsule around the ends of two articulating bones, and Hyaluronic Acid is a major component of the synovial fluid that lubricates this joint capsule and provides cushion.
Hyaluronic Acid is to joints as motor oil is to a car’s engine: it provides lubrication to keep the parts running smoothly without grinding against each other. Similarly, with age, the viscosity of synovial joint fluid lessens. We need to maintain healthy levels of HA in the body, just as we might top off our car’s oil reservoir.
Download our product catalog for additional information about our products.